In house loans
Lending materials from the National Library collections is a basic service provided by the library. Only registered users may take publications out or study them within the library. The way to register is found in the Rules and Regulations.
In house loans (only on the National Library premises) are available
- in reading rooms - materials deposited in the library stacks
- in reading rooms - open shelves reference collections
- in the Reference Centre - materials received through Interlibrary Loan
Borrowing period for in house loans:
- for books from the library stacks usually 1 week, this may be individually changed in the regulations of reading rooms
- in house loan may be repeatedly renewed unless the book is requested by another user
- renewal is not possible after at least 30 days
- in house loans and ILL within the country are free of charge
- international ILL is charged for according to the Pricelist
Materials for in house loans may be ordered through:
- electronic catalogue of the NL - NKC database - valid library card is necessary, pre-registration is also available
- catalogue of the Slavonic Library - SLK database - valid library card is necessary
- scanned catalogues (RetrIS) - library card is not necessary for making a request
- card catalogues in the Main Hall - you can place order in the library, exceptionally by e-mail, telephone, or a letter (Dept. of Reader Services)
- card catalogues in the Slavonic Library - you can place your order in the library or by e-mail
- in an appropriate reading room (The Library & Information Science Library)
- individual reading rooms (Periodicals Reading Room, Music department Reading Room, The Library & Information Science Library, Manuscripts and Early Printed Books Reading Room)
Reference materials on the open shelves in the reading rooms do not have to be ordered. Further information on ordering books is in the booklet How to get around here. Further information on lending services is also included in the booklet in the handout What and how?
Loans are delivered in accordance with the nature of the National Library collections, namely their archival and scholarly commitment. Loans are decided individually according to pertaining articles in the Rules and Regulations or possibly according to rules of the individual reading rooms and other regulations.