How to become a remotely registered user
Who can register remotely in the NL CR?
Remote registration is intended for users (natural persons) over 15 years, not yet registered in the National Library of the Czech Republic, see para 12 of the Rules for Remote Registration.
What services are available to remotely registered users of the NL?
After successful completing the remote registration, remotely registered NL users can use NL services as follows:
- to access licensed databases
- to access out of commerce works (DNNT) - digitised books, newspapers, journals, which are not in the public domain (i. e. less than 70 years passed since the death of the last surviving authors and they were published less than 50 or 110 years ago for monographs and periodicals respectively), out of commerce works are available to registered users only:
- National digital library (access via NL CR)
- National digital library (access via Moravian Library)
- The Digital Library of the Czech Academy of Sciences
- The Digital Library of the Research Library in Hradec Králové
- to request documents form the NL online catalogue (at this stage all of them only for in-house use in our reading rooms) and from collections of other libraries through the interlibrary loan services (up to 5 requests) via Interlibrary Loan Services
(Before the requested document is issued to you for study, you have to finish the registration personally in the NL; the remotely registered user shall also pay fees, if any, resulting from managing the requested ILL services.)
How to register remotely?
The first step in remote registration is to fill out a pre-registration form.
After successful pre-registration, the following steps are required to complete remote registration:
- check and fill in the missing data in the Contract, have your signature in the Contract verified and then send the Contract to the National Library
- pay the registration fee
These steps can be made concurrently by the user. You will receive all documents by e-mail.
Registration fee payment is made by the online payment card only. If the User claims any discount (see the NL Fees and Services Price List), it is appropriate to send first the signed Contract and proof of recognition of the discount for TP, ZTP, ZTP/P holders, and wait with the registration fee payment until you receive a message from the NL
Remotely registered users do not obtain reader card.
Can the remotely registered user also use other services of the NL CR?
The remotely registered user can also become a registered user and then use other services. In such a case, he/she must contact the staff of the Main Hall when he/she first arrives at the NL, he/she must meet the registration conditions and pay the fee for issue of a reader card in accordance with The NL Fees and Services Price List. The issued reader card will be valid for 365 days from the date of remote registration.