Rules for internet and electronic bibliographic and information resources available in the National Library
For using the Internet and electronic data sources apply the general Rules for using computers in the National Library of the Czech Republic .
- The Internet is accessible only to registered users, who own a valid National Library card or a temporary card.
- Users of computers at the National Library who are using electronic services (Internet included) in accordance with the specialisation of the reading room have the priority over other users.
- The users can store their results of research directly on a floppy disk. The rules about using floppy disks are variable for each reading room.
- Use of computers for other purpose than use of data sources (e.g. sending e-mails) is possible only on dedicated PCs in the Reference Centre of the National Library, General Reading Room and optionally in the Social and Natural Sciences Reading Room as well.
- Concrete rules about organisation of work on individual PCs are assigned by head librarians of each Reading room.
- Users are obliged to abide by the general assignments of the Library regulations of the National Library of the Czech Republic and to use data sources on the Internet in accordance with legal and moral regulations.