Free trial resources
ProQuest Historical Newspapers (till 31. 10. 2021) remote access
Registered users of the National Library have now an access to Pro Quest Historical Newspapers database until 31 October 2021. ProQuest Historical Newspapers provide fully searchable cover-to-cover access to American and international historical newspaper content. Trial access is limited to the following titles:
- Detroit Free Press (1831-1999)
- The Christian Science Monitor (1908-2007)
- The Boston Globe (1872-1989)
- The Guardian (1821-2003) & The Observer (1791-2003)
- The New York Times (1851-2016*) with Index (1851-1993)
- The Wall Street Journal (1889-2002*)
- The Washington Post (1877-2003*)
- Communist Historical Newspaper Collection (1919-2013)
- The American Hebrew & Jewish Messenger (1857-1922)
List of available licensed online databases is here.
For searching accross licensed online databases as well as online library catalog (base NKC) and Union catalog (base SKC) use discovery service EDS.
EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) - NL CR
Detailed information on remote access.
Licensed resources which are accessible to registered users of the NL CR are intented to be used for study and research purposes only, namely in the standard way and using the tools which are offered by selected resource. While working with licensed resources it is not acceptable to use various types of robots or other automated download programs. The right to access licensed resources may be taken away from those users who will use non-standard tools during searching, browsing or saving data from licensed resources.