The basic services provided by the Slavonic Library are free of charge. Reader’s registration, photocopying, and specialized searches are subject to charges.
All fees are determined by the Table of Services and Charges according to the Rules and Regulations of the National Library and Loan Regulations of the Slavonic Library.
The library reserves the lending right to any and all individual titles.
Borrowing privileges include the following types of selections:
- books of Czech and Slovak origin published after 1918
- other books published after 1945
Materials reserved for in-house use include:
- rare and old prints, archive manuscripts, and visual materials such as posters, photographs and graphics maintained in the library’s safe
- Czech and Slovak books published before 1918
- other books printed before 1945
- bibliophile titles and rare, illustrated publications
- books from the reference library
- newspapers and journals
Slavonic Library lending operates according to an automatic loan system. Readers as well as the loans are registered through a bar code under the Aleph System. They can also request titles and order them on-line easily using the library’s electronic catalogue (OPAC).
The loan period of a book is usually one month. For students working on a thesis or academic researchers the loan period is extended to three months. If a book is overdue, fines are automatically calculated on a daily basis, with no further borrowing permitted.
The lending period can be extended up to three times unless other readers have requested the materials.
A loan period can be extended on-line via the library catalogue.
Delivery of documents
Loans from Klementinum stacks will be delivered every hour on the hour.
Loans from the depositary in Hostivař (books with B, K, L, Mk, O, P, S, and newspapers of all shelf marks since 1946) will be delivered to readers the afternoon of the following day.