Making available of the library units subject to Special Protection Régime
Information for the users
A selected part of the collection of printed documents of the National Library is made available to the registered users under Special Protection Régime so as to provide a heightened security and augmented preservation to publications or individual copies included.
In the most cases, individual valuable copies of otherwise common publications are included, in some cases, however, it is valuable partial segments of the Collection, precious editions etc. that are subjected to this kind of protection.
Subjected to Special Protection Régime of making available to the public are also those publications the social circulation of which is subject to the provision of the Penal Code, Sec. 191-1 or Sec. 192-2 (a specific class of pornography) or those that patently fall within the scope of the provision of the Penal Code, Sec. 403-405.
Making available of the library units subjected to Special Protection Régime is
- subjected to special rules
- subjected to completion of the Declaration of Use
- situated in the Scholars‘ Reading Room
- operated in limited opening hours
Monday - Friday 9.00 – 12.00 AM and 2.00 – 7.00 PM
in summer: Tuesday, Thursday 9.00 – 12.00 AM and 2.00 – 7.00 PM
- copying of the units (save those – within the scope of the Penal Code, Sec. 191-1 or Sec. 192-2 – that are excluded from copying) is available to order, under the régime of copying material of archival and rare collections, or, alternatively, may be performed, subject to consultation with the librarian and adherence to conditions stated, by the user himself with a camera (no intensive lighting)