Lending outside loans
collections is a basic service provided by the library. Only registered users may take publications out or study them within the library. The way to register is found in the Rules and Regulations..
Outside loans are offered
Borrowing period for outside loans:
- 1 month (regular)
- renewal is possible up to 4 months unless the book is requested by another user. After 4 months it is necessary to return it or bring it back and borrow it again
- it is possible to renew a book before the due date - in person, by phone (tel.: 221 663 244), by e-mail, or in the NKC electronic catalogue (choose Reader in the menu)
- fines are charged for returns after due date
- further information on borrowing are found in the Rules and Regulations.
Fees and fines
Materials (mostly books) for outside loans may be ordered through:
- electronic catalogue of the NL - NKC database - valid library card is necessary
- catalogue of the Slavonic Library - SLK database - valid library card is necessary
- scanned catalogues (RetrIS) - library card is not necessary for making a request
- card catalogues in the Main Hall - you can place order in the library, exceptionally by e-mail, telephone, or a letter (Dept. of Reader Services)
- card catalogues in the Slavonic Library - you can place your order in the library or by e-mail
- in an appropriate reading room (The Library & Information Science Library)
Loans are delivered in accordance with the nature of the National Library collections, namely their archival and scholarly commitment. Loans are decided individually according to pertaining articles in the Rules and Regulations or possibly according to rules of the individual reading rooms and other regulations.