Services through book dispensing windows
Based on the Resolution of the Government of the CR No. 126 dated of 14 February 2021, the National Library of the CR renews providing part of its on-site services through book dispensing windows. Library services are provided only in the Klementinum building and in a limited mode.
The NL users are obliged to wear a respirator FFP2 or KN95 without an exhalation valve that fully covers the nose and mouth when arriving at Library buildings and inside the Library.
Survey and conditions of providing services
A dispensing window is open in the Main Hall from Thursday 18 February 2021:
Opening hours of the dispensing window in the Main Hall (until further notice)
- Monday to Friday 10:00 - 18:00
- Closed during the National Holidays
Services provided through the Main Hall dispensing window:
The provision of services in the “dispensing window” mode is governed by modified rules with regard to the current situation.
We thank you for reading them before you go to the National Library to pick up your orders.
- Off-site loans
- Books ready for check-out before 17 December 2020
- These will be booked for you up to 15 March 2021
- Newly ordered books
- You can pick up your newly ordered book only when you receive an e-mail confirmation that it is booked for you; if you didn´t provide your e-mail address in the registration form, kindly check the status of your order in your reader´s account.
- Books will be held for you for five working days after confirmation the order.
- Orders placed in the „dispensing window“ mode will be processed by the next working day, except for books having a note „longer delivery“; order processing of these books may take two working days.
- It is possible to borrow 10 volumes (library items), totally the number of items on loan registered in the reader´s account may not exceed 20 volumes.
- Placing requests through online catalogues is possible from Thursday, 17 February, 2021 from 5 pm.
- If it is not possible for you to order books online on your own, kindly contact us by phone at 221 663 248 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
- We will appreciate, when you bring your own ballpoint pen to sign the lending form.
- Returning books
- Loan period has been renewed until 1 April 2021 during the closure.
- Fines for books overdue before 17 December 2020 has not been increased during the closure. this does not apply to loans enforced by legal and judical means; this does not apply to loans enforced by legal and judical means.
- Books can be returned by using delivery services, if you decide for Česká pošta, it is necessary to send them as a registered/ insured shipment.To deal with non-standard / extraordinary problems (e. g. book loss or damage) please contact us prior by phone (tel. 221 663 248) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com; the Information point is currently closed.
- Check-out of Interlibrary loans
- Readers can pick up and return their loans.
- Readers will be notified by e-mail that the book is ready to pick it up.
- Reader cards that expired during the NL closure from 17 December 2020 to the present have been renewed up to 1 April 2021.
- We cannot register new readers in the „book dispensing window“ mode.
- Readers ale only allowed to enter the Main Hall
- Other library premises are closed to the public, readers may not enter there.
- Toilets are closed to the public.
- To enter the Main Hall kindly follow posted signs, you must respect the marked corridor.
- Concurrently, only four readers are allowed to enter and stay in the Main Hall; if there is already a maximum number of readers allowed in the Main Hall, other readers must wait and follow the instructions of the NL security agency and NL staff.
- Readers MUST
- Wear a respirator FFP2 or KN95 without an exhalation valve that fully covers the nose and mouth when arriving at Library buildings and inside the Library.o
- Disinfect their hands at the NL building entrance, possibly also at the entrance to the Main Hall.
- Keep a 2 meter distance according to the posted signs or instructions of the NL sercurity agency and NL staff.
- Respect other instructions (written, spoken or visual) that help organize the movement and stay in thnde NL.
“Dispensing window” of the Library of Librarianship Literature and the Slavonic Library
The following common rules apply to the "dispensing window" mode of the Library of Librarianship Literature and the Slavonic Library:
- Do not enter the NL building.
- Contact staff by phone when coming in front of the NL building and wait there for their arrival
- Library of Librarianship Literature: tel. 221 663 348
- Slavonic Library: tel. 221 663 356
- Loaned items will be handed over to you at the NL staff entrance (in the passage leading to the Student´s Yard)
- You can return books you have now on loan the same way.
Check-out and check-in of loans from the Library of Librarianship Literature
- You can order books designated for off-site loan in the KKL database
- Opening hours of the dispensing window of the Library of Librarianship Literature
- Monday 9:00-12:00 and 13:00-17:00
- Tuesday 9:00 - 12:00
- Wednesday 9:00 - 12:00
- Thursday 9:00-12:00 and 13:00-17:00
- Friday 9:00 - 12:00
Check-out and check-in of loans from the Slavonic Library
- You can order books designated for off-site loan in the SLK database
- Opening hours of the dispensing window of the Slavonic Library
- Monday to Friday 10:00 - 18:00
respirátor FFP2 nebo KN95 bez výdechového ventilu