The Mirror Chapel, Klementinum
Národní knihovna ČR, Klementinum 190, 110 00 Praha 1
GPS 50° 5´12´´N, 14° 24´59´´E
Map (Klementinum on Mapy.cz)
(to be entered from Mariánské Square or Karlova Street, cars are allowed only from Mariánské Square)
The chapel, originally consecrated to the Annunciation of Our Lady, was later given its present name because of the unusually copious use of mirrors in its decoration, not only on the walls but also on the vault. It was built by the Latin Major Marian Sodality at their own expense in the years 1722-1726. The architect of the chapel has not been convincingly determined yet, František Maxmilián Kaňka and also Kilián Ignác Dientzenhofer might be considered. More about the history >>
- matriculation and graduation ceremonies, anniversary and award ceremonies, business meetings etc.
- lectures, seminars, project presentations, new product launches etc.
- wedding ceremonies
- press conferences
- capacity 170 seats
- heated up at approx. 18°C (68°F)
- big cloakroom in the vestibule of the Mirror Chapel
- background for performers at the basement: two dressing rooms with tables, chairs, and mirrors, toilets, shower
- refreshment only in the vestibule of the Mirror Chapel, or at a party tent in the courtyard next to the chapel
- parking in the Klementinum area
The Mirror Chapel of the Klementinum is ideally located in the very heart of historical Prague, only minutes from the Old Town Square and Charles Bridge and near many restaurants and hotels.
Other spaces in the National Library
Contact: Mgr. Petra Chýlová